Monday, February 7, 2011

"Failing Up"

"You're a classic example of failing up." That was a line that was said in this week's Grey's Anatomy to someone who "accidently" got a non-relationship partner pregnant by someone struggling with infertility. I love it, and it might just be my new motto. It came at a perfect time with my life with people and their constant announcements of pregnancy.

The newest pregnancy announcement was on Saturday on Facebook. She took a picture of her pregnancy test and posted the positive picture on Facebook. I think that that annoucement was the hardest on me of all of the other ones. Most people just announce it with words, or with a picture of their ultrasound, but this girl took a picture of something that I am afraid that I will never see. When I saw the word "pregnant" on the test with out "not" in front of it, it felt like I was punched in the stomach. Then this girl posted pictures of her and her husband thrilled of the news.  Then to make matters worse she said, "now that the news it out that I am preggers, I can use this place to vent..." and went on to complain that she is sick, tired, and her back hurts. Well first of all, don't say "preggers" I hate that. It's as bad as "baby daddy." Second of all, I don't think it is appropriate to announce all over Facebook about your constant vomiting...no one wants to hear about it...no one. I hate inconsiderate pregnant people! Filter what you post for the world to read!! Actually, that is not only important for pregnant people, but a general good rule of thumb for anything.

Ok, now that I have complained and got that off of my chest, I can go back to my quote. When "Dr. Shepard" said that he prefaced it with something along the lines of how can you get someone pregnant by looking at them, and others try for months and months with out success, and then he said, "you're the classic example of failing up." I loved it! I love how it is a failure to accidently get someone pregnant, but a success to have a baby. Maybe I will say it to the next undeserving pregnant person.

No comments:

Post a Comment