Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Rough couple of days

As I am sitting here writing this AJ's cousin is at the hospital in labor with their first child. Although, I am excited for them,  they are the one couple in the whole entire world that I am happy for, but it still doesn't make it any easier. They have been waiting for this days for over two years. They tried for two years and now they are having their baby. I am genuinely happy for them, but at the same time it hurts so bad. I would give anything to be in their situation and to have the entire family waiting for me to deliver. She has an entourage of people waiting, which I'm not sure how I would feel about, and is experiencing the most exciting moment of her life. I cannot wait and hope that someday I will get to experience the one of a kind experience of delivering a baby.

Meanwhile, this day I also find out that some friends of ours are having a baby boy. She is 20 weeks pregnant and found out today. She and her husband tried for 6 months, and apparently, they know what we're going through with waiting to get pregnant. Actually, you don't know, but I guess thanks for trying to sympathize.

This holiday season has been extra rough on me and yesterday when I was on Facebook, the husband of the infamous "fertile Mertyle" announced that if you want to get excited for the holidays again "then have a kid." Can I PLEASE take his head and his wife's and bang them together....very hard. Between his ignorant wife thinking that it's appropriate to announce that you're a fertile Mertyle, and the just-as-ignorant husband says that "all you have to do" is have a kid. Guess what, some of us aren't as "blessed" to get "accidentally" pregnant like you. Some of us try and try and seek fertility treatment, and guess what you dear ignorant couple, we cannot just "have a kid." Some of us also loved the holidays and would be so excited and elated this time of year, but since we cannot "just have a kid," the holiday season has never been so painful in all my life. So thank you for rubbing your fertile successes in my fertile failure face...thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment