Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today's Infertility Struggle

Today has just been one of those days. First I went to the doctor's office to get my progesterone check done. I hope to hear back tomorrow but it probably won't be until Friday. I hope that I ovulated! I have been the last 3 months, so I'm sure I did this time. I am hoping that it worked this time since I ovulated sometime around my birthday it would be a perfect birthday present! I think it would be fun to wait until the holidays to tell our families. Maybe wrap it in a box for everyone to open a picture of an ultrasound. I would love that!

After the doctor's appointment I went to lunch with a friend and we decided to hit the Nordstrom half-yearly sale. All I want to do is to be able to shop in their super cute baby area and sometimes I will browse through it when I am alone, but you cannot walk through a department in that store without someone trying to help you. Just let me browse and dream, people!

And finally during the evening we went to AJ's sister's house and had a late birthday dinner with everyone and AJ's mom, grandma and her husband. And of course we were asked when we are going to have a baby. I hate that question because I never know how to answer it. Should I answer it as "soon" or "hopefully soon" or "I don't know." I just said the last response and then AJ told them that we have been trying for over a year and of course that got everyone talking about what "works." AJ's mom's husband said that he knew someone that tried for a while and conceived once she got off fertility medications....I hate it when people say those kinds of things. Luckly AJ had everyone change the subject quickly because I do not handle it well.

While at dinner AJ's mom complained that we don't ever send her pictures. What the heck would we send her pictures of...our selves? We don't have kids, so I suppose we could send pictures of our pets, but that is just weird. Ugh...

I did hold my neice tonight which was a big accomplishment for me. I want to be close with her and start the relationship early so part of me tells me to just put my emotions to the side and be apart of her life, but another part tells me that I am just not strong enough to do that.

So here we are just waiting. The story of our lives: waiting. Wait, wait, wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment